Feasibility, preliminary and final design (flowrate 1200 mc/h in dry periods, 4400 mc/h in rainy periods, 120000 P.E.).
AIM OF THE PROJECT
Improvement of the plant treatment capacity, according to local legislation (Regolamento Regionale Lombardia n.3 24 marzo 2006).
Adaptation of the civil wastewater treatment plant in Merone (Como, Italy) to new standards imposed by Regolamento Regionale Lombardia 24.03.2006 n.3.
- treatment of supernatant from anaerobic digestion via nitrite with reduction of energy and reagent consumption (savings around 30% of energy and 40% of COD)
- new post-denitrification section consisting of Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor (MBBR)
- filtration on fabric filters (4400 m3/h)
- inlet lift station
- disinfection: UV system and peracetic acid dosing
- channel for water distribution to biological treatment
- screening of primary sludge entering digestors
- accumulation and recycle of water
- tertiary filtration treatment
- modification to existing pre-denitrification
- supernatants treatment via nitrite
- chemical-physical treatment for phosphorus removal
- chemicals storage
- scum box and pumping station